This dip is a family favourite and one that we like to bring to potlucks. The tangy flavour of the goat cheese pairs well with the sweetness of the squash. Serve it as a dip for raw veggies and crackers.
2 ½ cups of peeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash (save the seeds for roasting)
2-3 unpeeled cloves of garlic
2-3 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper
4 oz goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, toss the cubed butternut squash, garlic cloves, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- On another small baking sheet lined with parchment paper, toss seeds, 1 tsp olive oil and a couple pinches of sea salt.
- Place both baking sheets in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove the sheet containing the seeds – they are ready to eat!
- Remove garlic cloves from pan and set aside for dip.
- Roast squash for another 15 minutes.
- Place roasted squash, peeled garlic, any residual olive oil from parchment paper and goat cheese in food processor and blend.
- The dip can be served warm or chilled.